Moths are one of the common unenviable guests whom you might have noticed in your home. Well, if you have adult moths in your home, then, they will not be a problem. But the problem is if you have moth larvae inside your home. As they generally eat fabrics like cotton or wool and they also love to eat pasta and bread.
The moth’s larvae can be a big problem for you. As they can ruin all your common household items like food, or clothing. In this article, we are going to share some ways to do moth control in your home. They also help you to understand why you have moths and what attracts them to your home. Now let’s see some ways to do moth control:
- Fill your home with cedar: Using cedar is one of the most common ways of doing moth control. You can use cedar oil to get rid of moths in your home. All you have to do is to spray the oil by diluting it with water. The scent of cedar repels moths or other pests from your home and helps you to prevent your home.
- Combine dried, crushed, and powdered herbs: For the best pest control company, you combine some dried, crushed, or powdered herbs together Then sprinkle them on the areas where you keep your foods or clothes and also on those places where you mostly see the moths. Herbs like bay leaves, cloves, lavender, thyme, or rosemary are very effective. Moths don’t like the smell of these herbs. You can also use the oil form of these herbs by spraying it on your clothing or other necessary things.
- Use a sticky trap: Using a sticky trap is also a good option for moth control. For attracting moths to the trap you can use moth pheromones and when they will sit by attracting they will get stuck into it due to the stickiness. After they get stuck, they won’t be able to escape and they will die.
- Keep your floors, carpets and molds vacuumed: You should always attempt to clean your home with a vacuum, tidying fabrics, and eco-accommodating cleaners to keep your home liberated from residue and soil, which invites moths into your home. Make certain to purge vacuum items and wash tidying materials routinely so that eggs and hatchlings don’t develop and create.
- Freeze any clothes or things that show signs of moths: For moth control, if you are getting the sign of moth presence, you should immediately keep those things in the freezer for a day; it will kill all larvae from the things.
- Wash clothes that contain larvae or eggs: Moths cannot tolerate high heat, so for moth control, you can use hot water to clean your clothes.
So, these are some of the pest solutions to do moth control. Moths are not at all harmful but their larvae are, so whenever you get to know about the moth infestation, follow the above tips to remove them. Get a free quote over the phone for free moth control tips.